Hal's Auto Care has been providing quality auto repair services in Sacramento, CA since 1979. We are a family owned business delivering honest and professional auto repair and maintenance services to the people of Sacramento and surrounding areas.
We will give your car a physical and keep it in great shape for years to come, from engine repair to auto tune-ups and oil changes. Give your car a physical and start saving money on gas ! Welcome and thank you for your interest in Hal's Auto Care. Hal's Auto Care is your one stop shop for all your automotive needs and has been providing service beyond compare for decades. Our business is built on relationships and we strive each and every day to build your trust and strengthen those relationships. so from major auto engine repairs to oil changes, bring your car to the best of the auto repair shops in Sacramento, CA.
Our mission at Hal's Auto Care is to make your vehicle maintenance and repair experience as pain free as possible. From our speedy and friendly complimentary shuttle service to our clean waiting room and big screen TV, we are able to virtually eliminate the inconvenience of your vehicle being in our hands for service.
1. Does the repair facility have the ability to identify what type of refrigerant your vehicle has in it? Most vehicles prior to 1993 use R12 refrigerant and vehicles produced after 1993 used R134a refrigerant. The problem is when a shop does not have the ability to identify refrigerant types they may be recycling contaminated systems through their equipment unknowingly. They then will put it in your vehicle thus contaminating your vehicles a/c system. This will lead to poor performance, premature failure of a/c components and additional costs to you when these contaminates have to be removed for repair.
2. Does the repair facility flush out the a/c system when a compressor is replaced? When an a/c compressor fails it will leave small fragments and particles in the system. If not chemically flushed from the system this debris will lay waiting to enter your new compressor and cause it to fail prematurely.
3. Does the repair facility have experienced and certified a/c technicians? Working on automotive air conditioning systems can be overwhelming to someone that does not have experience and understanding of how each component operates and contributes to the overall operation of you’re a/c system. Just adding refrigerant to a system may be inexpensive, but it does not fix why it leaked out in the first place.
4. Does the repair facility offer a warranty? If repairs are performed properly and quality parts are used any repair should last a reasonable amount of time. If the repair cannot be warranted for 3 years you should be asking why not!
5. Does the repair facility use only new a/c parts? Used and rebuilt a/c parts may seem like a cost effective alternative for a/c repairs. But in the long run they will almost always cost you more when they operate for short period of time. Quality parts and professional repairs are the only way to have a long lasting repair.
6. Does the repair facility know how to do a proper retrofit for my pre-1993 vehicle? Some repair shops just change fittings and refrigerant and call that an R134a retrofit. Don’t be fooled or taken. To do a proper retrofit (R134a-conversion) on an older vehicle that uses R12 refrigerant.
2425 Tower Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95825
Phone: (916) 485-9215